La Broquerie Fire Chief Alain Nadeau says they were able to extinguish a dryer fire yesterday before it did any major damage. 

Nadeau says the call came in on Tuesday around 1 PM. 

“We got called to a house just southwest of town. Lots of smoke in the house and when we got there it was a dryer fire, some clothes had caught fire inside an electric dryer. We went in and found it right away. The dryer was very close to the entrance, so that went very well and we cleared things out.” 

Fortunately, Nadeau notes "There was minor smoke damage to the house but not too much structurally. It was all pretty much just smoke damage.” 

He says his crew was at the house for about an hour before clearing out.