A storage shed went up in flames Sunday evening south of Mitchell.

The Hanover Fire Department was called to McKenzie Avenue shortly after 5:30 pm. Jeremiah Cal, whose home is located between Centre Street and Reichenbach Road says he was relaxing inside his house when he looked out the window and saw smoke coming from the shed.

"I had a hose right there and I tried with water," he explains. "I kept it at bay for a bit but then it was getting too big and I just left it till firefighters got here."

Hanover Fire Chief Paul Wiebe says the damage estimate to the shed, which housed a number of fridges and freezers, is approximately $40,000. He notes the cause of the fire is accidental and likely electrical in nature.

There were no injuries.