The number of Manitobans in ICU with COVID-19 has remained steady over the last week. As of today, there are 49 Manitobans in ICU with COVID-19. That number has fluctuated between 48 and 50 since last week Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the number of Manitobans in hospital with COVID-19 is 729. The province recently indicated that majority of its COVID-19 hospitalizations have nothing to do with the virus but that it just so happens that they went for other medical reasons and then also happened to test positive for the virus.
On Tuesday, our province announced 637 new cases of the virus. Of those:
- 54 cases are in the Interlake-Eastern health region
- 58 cases are in the Southern Health region
- 71 cases are in the Northern health region
- 93 cases are in the Prairie Mountain Health region
- 361 cases are in the Winnipeg health region
Manitoba's test positivity rate is now 32.9 per cent. Another 2,025 tests were performed on Monday.
There have been 1,521 deaths of Manitobans with COVID-19 since the pandemic started.