The Arts4Tots Preschoolers from our four-days/week program had a blast doing creative Valentine projects this week. We hope you did too! I've pasted in some creative Valentine ideas from our February 14th Eye on the Arts column, located in the local Carillon newspaper:
1. Families – Find somewhere (or something) “warm and fuzzy,” then take a family photo to upload to the Century 21 Gold Key Realty Facebook page. Plus, you could win $50 towards more family fun!
2. Try your hand at a Valentine’s art project. The Arts Council loves the step-by-step craft ideas under the Projects tab at http://canada.michaels.com.
3. Parents with toddlers – Drop in to the Arts4Tots Preschool Program with your tot this afternoon. Spend quality time with your child while participating in fun activities. Our classes are filling up – please call the day before to ensure your spot!
4. Couples – Make a resolution for building your relationship! Try something new together – like Waltz or Cha Cha lessons, being offered through the Arts Council starting March 5th. Can you think of anything else that would bring you ‘closer’ together?
5. The Destino concert is exactly one month away. Take a stroll down Reimer Avenue and drop by the Arts Centre to pick up your tickets for a night of timeless melodic harmonies. Then head over to your favorite coffee shop – we’re only a few blocks from Tim Hortons, LBees and PS Cakes!
6. Be creative with what you love! Write a poem, a song, create something entirely unique! Just take the time to do it!!
Happy Valetines from Steinbach Arts Council!
Submitted by Shannon Neufeld, Marketing Coordinator