A cause has been determined in this morning's fire at the water plant in Marchand.

The La Broquerie Fire Department was called to a warehouse on that site after a neighbour noticed flames.

In a post on social media, the La Broquerie Fire Department has indicated that the Office of the Fire Commissioner has declared it was an electrical fire from an extension cord that shorted out on the pallet wrapper. The building, used for the storage of pallets, cartons and glass bottles is a total loss.

The warehouse is a separate building from the factory, which was not damaged in the fire.

There were no injuries.